Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Paradoxical Poem

To Keep Concise:
a paradoxical poem

I'm not much of an explainer
I like to keep concise
Because if I continue on
I'll have to pay a price

I'll put my audience to sleep
And that would get annoying
Because I like attention
And I don't like being boring

Keep it short is my own motto
Even physically you can see
My growth depicts my attention span
Short as one can be

I hate to dally aimlessly
And always ramble on
But last night I heard a strange noise
And guess what I came upon?

A large black hole appeared in my room
Taking everything in sight
Including my lazy old fat cat
So late into the night

Just as I jumped to save him
Something caught my eye
A leaf falling from the ground
High up into the sky

My world had been turned upside down
Literally, this time
Today I'm just confused
By trying to make this rhyme

Anyway where was I?
I like to keep things short
One thing I really hate
Is writing a report

I'm really glad this isn't one
A report, I will repeat
Even though I hate repeating
And rambling, I'll repeat

Paradoxes we should write
I found it hard to comprehend
So I wanted to keep it short
So here's my very end

1 comment:

kayla said...

haha i like it a lot!!!